SIA “Bioefekts” has been developing and producing biological plant protection products and other microbiological preparations for gardening and farming since 1993. We offer two main product groups.
In 2012 our biological preparations have been registered in the Register of Fertilizers in the category Microbiological preparations. This was due to changes in legislation.
The current Fertilizer Circulation Act defines what is a fertilizer. It is “any substance containing one or more of the chemical elements that are recognized as essential for the plants if it is used because of the content of its elements and is intended or offered for the promotion of plant growth, or live a microbiological microbial preparation that promotes plant growth and development or is used to restore, activate and regulate microbiological processes in soil or another substrate to improve its biological, physical or chemical properties “(emphasis added – ours). We have no doubt that our products, both previous fertilizers and previous plant protection products, have always answered, met and will continue to comply with this definition. The fact that the “box” of the official register has changed has no bearing on the nature of microorganisms. They – little working dwarves – do not know it at all, they do not care about it, because they stand above all human deeds. If the plant protection products had to demonstrate their antagonistic activity, non-toxicity to humans and the environment and efficacy, then only efficacy would have to be proven. Of course, the reorganization of documents required a lot of time, endurance and unexpected expenses, but we have successfully completed this phase.
This means that now this product has more relaxed trading rules. Trihydramine and Biomix are now available even in stores that do not have a marketing authorization for plant protection products. They do not have to look in the glass cabinets anymore, but they are located on the shelves next to the rest of our products.
Advantages of microbiological products
One of the main methods of plant protection is the use of microbiological preparations.
Our microbiological fertilizers contain microorganisms:
- they stimulate plant growth and development by enhancing resistance and resistance to pathogens that cause disease;
- they compete with pathogenic microorganisms, and thus, without being harmful to plants, they develop, multiply faster and occupy ecological niches, preventing the proliferation of micro-organisms that are harmful to plants. Providing plant-friendly micro-organisms in the soil, or even superiority, is purposefully controlled and delayed by the proliferation of plant pathogens.
The product contains both representatives of microscopic mushrooms ( Trichoderma ) and bacteria ( Pseudomonas , Streptomyces, Bacillus, Polyangium, Azotobacter, Rhizobium ).
Microorganisms contain a number of good properties:
- A specific location for the environment
- they do not harm beneficial organisms;
- they are not harmful to humans, animals, plants
- they do not cause negative side effects
- the resistance (resistance) of pathogenic (harmful) organisms to microorganisms does not develop;
- they also help plants when plant pathogens become resistant to chemicals;
- They feed on the soil by improving the yield of the following year.
Plant-like soil microorganisms live and intensively multiply in the vicinity of plant roots – the rhizosphere. They cooperate with the plant by supplying nutrients by converting insoluble compounds into a plant-like manner. In its turn, the roots of the plant emit mucus, thus attracting microorganisms and keeping the colonies formed there.